Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on dual voltage circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

richloo

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, need ur help urgently. I have a buffer circuit need to be operated in either high voltage or low voltage supply. My question is, what kind of mechanism can I use to switch from one voltage supply to another? since i have 2 supply on chip. Thanks in advance.

Try the concept from the attached picture..
Regards,
IanP

richloo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks IanP. Do anyone have the internal circuit architecture for LM317? Sorry I still can't get the concept. It seems to me that this method is to create bit controlled voltage supply from a single supply Vi.
How about if i have 2 external voltage supply? What mechanism can i use to route either one of this voltage supply to my circuit?
Thanks in advance.

Internal architecture of the 317 voltage regulator you will find in its data sheet.
**broken link removed**
Other option (for 2 external voltages) is to use two P-channel mosfets, for example IRF5305 ( http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irf5305.pdf ), and just switch them on and off accordingly to needs through a couple of inverting gates (open collector) or transistors, so if one is on the second is off and the opposite way around. Have a look at the attached diagram..
Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back