Status
Not open for further replies.

malikkhaled

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my design i have a lot of constants, i want to save these constant in a file and use this file where ever i need it in different modules, but i am getting errors by doing so. anyone could help me here i just post my code.
file name: inc.v

Code Verilog - [expand]
`default_nettype none

`define k 8
`define k1 32
`define k1 64
`define k1 128
`define k1 256

in my module i just add it like

Code Verilog - [expand]
`include inc.v

try adding "" around the inc.v and path information on where it's located. i.e. `include "../../some_path/inc.v"
for modelsim this path will be relative to the current directory modelsim is running from.

Unless all your files are co-located in the simulation directory it probably won't find the inc.v file otherwise.

Also, you should place the `include inc.v line in your other files outside the module-endmodule structure.

You should also know that including the same inc.v file in a bunch of other files will result in many warnings about redefinition of a define.

I typically use a top level include file which includes all the files (except the top level) including the define file and then the `defines only get defined once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…