Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help for BSIM parameters on Agilent ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnginKurt

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bsim3, model parameters

Hello all,

I am designing a mixer and wanna use IBM SiGe BiCMOS transistor in my design. I downloaded a text file (t94h_7wl_4lm_am-params.txt) from MOSIS which also includes BSIM 3.1 parameters of this transistor for N and P type. My question at this point is how can I use this BSIM parameters at ADS? Do I have to enter whole parameters by hand on a BSIM3 model at ADS? or is there any way to import this parameters at ADS? I am using ADS2008.

Thanks in advance

Yours,
Engin

ads agilent help

If you don't have a design kit, then I'm sorry, but you'll have to copy by hand the parameters. Come on, it is mandatory to do that at least once in your lifetime! (it takes 5 minutes...)

elgiovo said:
If you don't have a design kit, then I'm sorry, but you'll have to copy by hand the parameters. Come on, it is mandatory to do that at least once in your lifetime! (it takes 5 minutes...)

Thanks for your interest but you are wrong at one thing. The order of parameters at ADS and at MOSIS file are different. So, to enter whole parameters to ADS for each model takes about 1 hour (for me). You have to find where parameter (for example NCH) is in ADS model. Also, it is risky to enter whole parameter by hand (or by copy paste) cause you might make mistakes while doing it one by one.

Yours,
Engin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back