Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need backup on the phase noise of XTAL oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckaroo

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i'm working on a 32.768KHz pierce crystal oscillator, which was used in a FM tranceiver, the phase noise is -114dbc@100Hz,

-122dbc@1KHz, there are much spur @N*32KHz, the spur is made by the buffer, why, how to reduce it? the big feedback bias

resistor between D and G of the MOST is realized by a weak-invesion linear region MOST, when i replace it by a 20M resistor,

the phase noise is 10dbc better.
i get the output from the G terminal of the MOST, because it's a clean sine wave, the duty cycle is bad when from the D

terminal(however i find many others get the output from the D terminal), why?
now, i have some questions: is the phase noise too bad? how to measure the jitter, the value i caulated is so big that i

can't believe... are there any other method to realize the big feedback bias resistor? the linear MOST resistor make phase

noise much worse.
thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back