Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is the total noise floor that is made by KTB and Man made noise and phase margin substracte the phase margin?

TicTek

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,
The total Noise floor that is given by the course I am enrolled now is :
Noise Floor = Man_made:noise+KTB-Noise_Margin-----(1)
here I think it is a mistake because for me the noise margin is a margin to have a security margin in case our signal drops below and should be written as:
Noise Floor = Man_made:noise+KTB+Noise_Margin----(2)

do you think the formula (1) is the correct one? is yes, why?

Solution
Noise margin is always positive under all circumstances. Noise quantities are negative ( ought to be ) whatever their sources are.
Noise sources are algebraically added so second one is correct.
Noise margin is always positive under all circumstances. Noise quantities are negative ( ought to be ) whatever their sources are.

Solution
Thank you. I am doing a course on coursera from TU DEFT and the teacher put a minus and I could not get my head around it

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: