Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Assistance on Interfacing Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'Rain

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends!
I am trying to come up with a project using ATmega32 interfaced with a basic 16x2 char LCD display and a sealed membrane switches VOIP keyboard. I am stuck on how to interface them correctly. anyone who can assist? Please help me, thank you.

There are lot of examples in avrfreaks.net. You can also use google to find sample projects.

Nandhu

Hello,

I made a simple project with PIC, a LCD and a few buttons in assembly.
These two articles are the best info that i found. My LCD was another model, but i could get some hints out of them. The worst part was to get over the errors in the datasheet ;) , fixing typos in my source code was the other problem.

In a nutshell, you have to "boot" the lcd (send it configuration commands ) ( register select = 0)
send data (rs = 1)
send commands (check busy flag, clear display, etc..) (rs = 0)
send new data, etc... (rs = 1)

Attachments

• lcd1.pdf
    263.6 KB · Views: 76
  • lcd2.pdf
    121.5 KB · Views: 69

I think I am heading somewhere promising. Though not yet done, I hope to succeed in my project. Kudos to Edaboard members. I still need more suggestions, especially if anyone knows how to program them in C.

Status
Not open for further replies.