Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need advise with impedance matching with RF amps and antenae

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawi0024

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So, I am building a high powered FM transmitter for out in the ocean.

I found a complete FM transmitter on a chip

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hobby-mini-Stereo-FM-transmitter-module-SMT-2pcs_W0QQitemZ380125287844QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item58813b95a4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Now, I want to take the RF out from that chip and amplify it so I can broadcast about 500 to 1000 feet.

How many watts and what style of antennae should I use?
I am planning on using a λ/2 length antennae.

Should I put an RF amp Buffer in between the fm transmitter on a chip and the power amplifier?

Can anyone recommend a RF power amplifier that is available on Digikey and is relatively cheap in price that will meet my broadcasting power needs?

Do you have a better suggestion than using that fm transmitter on a chip? I am worried that it might have a piss poor quality signal. I am not sure if it is PLL or not!

Thanks a bunch!!

Re: Need advise with impedance matching with RF amps and ant

First you need bandpass filter , after RF power amplifier .
1000 feets needs only 1 watt.
And easiest antenna 1/2 wave dipole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back