Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need advice regarding NanoSim

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsut

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody, i'm the new commer in AMS field. I have faced the difficulties in using NanoSim for nearly a week, can anybody help me to solve it ?
My problem is, i have design some standar cell ( like nand,nor and,or, Dlatch ..etc ) and i wish to analyze their timming violation as well as their power consumption at transitor level. Firstly i have created the Hspice as well as the Verilog and Testbench for each every gates, after that i used NanoSim -VCS cosimulation to generate the Nanosim.out file, and finally i convert the NanoSIm.out file to The vectors.vec file by Edisplay. But the problem is, in my Vec file it contain a lot of violations, such like for an AND gate, when my 2 inputs are both 1, the output still unknown (U). I suggest that due to the analog model delay, and the smooth transition. Were that true ? And if yes how can i remove them .
I have compared the structure of my design with the NanoSim tutorial provided by SYNOPSYS, really i cant find any error. So i hope anyone who is experience in this field can help me out of this situation. Thank you very much.

Ah, and beside, how to calculate the leakage power dissipation of standar cell? Which tools will help us to do this task ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back