Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a solution for wireless audio streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

deebar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all

I'm going to develop an application of wireless audio. The diagram is as follows:

ubi_mother_child_diagram.jpg

Audio mother and several audio children are placed in a house, the distance between them is ranging from 2 to 10 meters, they may be isolated by walls. Audio mother is like a call center, and always ready to receive requests from audio child. The requests from audio child can be audio streaming, as well as data. The audio is natural human voice, the sample rate is 16KHz, lower rate is acceptable, bit resolution is 16bit, stereo or mono.

My problem is,
1) What RF solution should I use?
2) What protocol should I use?

Thanks.

By the way, my English is not good, if you find my language mistakes, don't hesitate to correct me.

There are multiple ways to approach this.
You could do a basic RF transceiver with a CODEC to transfer the audio and make your own scheme for data.
You could do Bluetooth that has profiles for both audio and data that can be sent readily and have the range that you require.

Reactions: deebar

deebar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you cl10greg!

- - - Updated - - -

If I use RF transceiver, could anybody recommend the RF transceiver that is suitable for my application?

I see TI, ADI and SiliconLabs have such RF transceiver, but I'm not sure if they are suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back