Status
Not open for further replies.

wariso

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have these operational amplifiers: ADA4084-1 (single), ADA4084-2 (dual), and ADA4084-4
To introduce these to the class I need to write a short description of the applications and what makes it different from amplifiers like the lm741, so I hoped you could help me a bit telling me some applications and the difference between the 741.
Thank you.

I won't do your work for you but I will help you do it. :wink:
If you compare the two data sheets you will see the differences in such important parameters as:

Input voltage offset
Input bias current
Power and voltage requirements
Input common-mode voltage range
Output voltage swing
Output slew rate
Amplifier gain-bandwidth product

Do a comparison of those parameters between the two op amps.

The applications of op amps are many. I call it the 'Swiss Army Knife" of analog circuits. A Google search should turn of many of these, including amplifier, oscillator, filters, wave shaping, integration, differentiation, etc.

If you have a problem understanding any of those we can help you with that.

Reactions: wariso

wariso

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Not shown on the datasheet for a lousy old 741 opamp is its minimum supply voltage (it shows only 30V) and its noise (it is very noisy).
The datasheet for the ADA4084 opamp shows a guaranteed very wide supply voltage range and very low noise level.

Look closely at the datasheet for the 741 opamp. A slew rate graph shows that at high output levels its output has trouble with more than one octave of audio frequencies above only 9kHz.

Reactions: wariso

wariso

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.