Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a little help with this operational amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

wariso

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have these operational amplifiers: ADA4084-1 (single), ADA4084-2 (dual), and ADA4084-4
To introduce these to the class I need to write a short description of the applications and what makes it different from amplifiers like the lm741, so I hoped you could help me a bit telling me some applications and the difference between the 741.
Thank you.

I won't do your work for you but I will help you do it. :wink:
If you compare the two data sheets you will see the differences in such important parameters as:

Input voltage offset
Input bias current
Power and voltage requirements
Input common-mode voltage range
Output voltage swing
Output slew rate
Amplifier gain-bandwidth product

Do a comparison of those parameters between the two op amps.

The applications of op amps are many. I call it the 'Swiss Army Knife" of analog circuits. A Google search should turn of many of these, including amplifier, oscillator, filters, wave shaping, integration, differentiation, etc.

If you have a problem understanding any of those we can help you with that.

Reactions: wariso

wariso

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Not shown on the datasheet for a lousy old 741 opamp is its minimum supply voltage (it shows only 30V) and its noise (it is very noisy).
The datasheet for the ADA4084 opamp shows a guaranteed very wide supply voltage range and very low noise level.

Look closely at the datasheet for the 741 opamp. A slew rate graph shows that at high output levels its output has trouble with more than one octave of audio frequencies above only 9kHz.

Reactions: wariso

wariso

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.