Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

I want a good book/ebook for studying physical/backend design . Any suggestions

Hello,

I think this website can aid you.

https://vlsicad.ucsd.edu/

In frontpage, there are "ASPDAC-2003 Tutorial

Physical Chip Implementation: Hot Spots and Best Practices - SLIDES now available! (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)", which is very useful.

Best,

philewar

Alan Hastings, Roy Alan Hastings, The Art of Analog Layout. This is a must for layout designer.

Hello,

I'm afraid that the art of analog layout is not aiming at physical design.

Best,

philewar

philewar said:
Hello,

I'm afraid that the art of analog layout is not aiming at physical design.

Best,

philewar

It's one method of physical design called : Full custom desihm method, the other method is Cell-based Design method which use P&R tools

hi, all
I think it's very useful for us that who can provide the phiscal implementation material about in the cell based design flow.
thanks.

linuxluo said:
hi, all
I think it's very useful for us that who can provide the phiscal implementation material about in the cell based design flow.
thanks.

I think it's a big issue. Tech nodes ranges from 0.6 to 0.13 even 90nm and several tools in every point makes more combination there.

I suggest guide lines for all and when go to a specific issue, discuss it here.

Best,

philewar

i will suggest modern vlsi design by wolf ......

Even in the Cell-based Design method ,when the tech is .25 or below,
more and more physical design issues are involved,so the physical design
is realy a big issue.

Is the book art of analog layout really good for beginners.

that is the book our layout engineer use as reference, who I am working with. I read it at his desk several times!
I accept your warning, next time I will not write this kind of msg, but I feel not happy about this!

For cell based physical design, I think no related book. We could learn from EDA tools's
manual, there are so many concepts and experience in these manual. the best way it to
use tools to implement a example design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…