Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a circuit to generate a brief pulse each cycle of a sine wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkwolf

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need a clever simple little circuit to generate a brief rectangular pulse, each cycle of a sine wave. Also need to be able to sweep the point at which this pulse starts (width can be fixed), on sine waves ranging between 5Hz and 50Hz.

MC_mass_appiled_at_0deg .jpg

Can anyone direct me to such a circuit?

I do not know if there is literature for this kind but here's what I can think of:

Use a comparator and SR latch or D flip flop with reset. The reference voltage for the comparator will be your sweeping input. And you should reset the latch or flip flop after some inverter delays. This will generate your pulse. But the pulse width will be a big problem with this circuit if you want a longer pulse.

Actually fixed pulse width is much harder to achieve and requires dedicated Delay Locked Loops mostly.

You can use a comparator and connect a variable DC voltage to one of the inputs to vary the trigger point on the sine wave.

Use the comparator output to trigger a one-shot such as with a 555 or a CD4098 to get a fixed pulse-width output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back