Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Theory of Perpetual Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

unix60959

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

My theory about this is that we see perpetual motion as somthing that is either 'on' or 'off'. There is no 'in-between'. But, there is in fact this 'in-between' perpetual motion. If you think about it, it makes sense. For example, if you have a bucket with 10 small holes in the bottom and you capture some of the water say from 3 of the holes and put it back in the bucket, doesn't seem that the time it takes for all of the water to drain would be longer than if some of the water is reused. I know this analogy is not the best. but a practical example could be generators in the wheels of an electric car. It may not keep the car running forever, but it could definately help the car run longer?

So just like its impossible to reach the speed of light, yet it is possible to get very close (99.99%), maybe its possible to get closer and closer to making a 'perpetual machine' but this would never be perpetual, just more and more efficient. Overall, maybe perpetual type ideas/devices should not be completely thrown out, but instead used to improve efficiency or power or what ever.

Let me know what you think,

-unix60959

In a short, there's a very clear difference between energy recuperation, which is obviously a good thing, and any "over-unity" pipe dreams, in whatever disguise they appear.

Perpetual motion machine means that it can create energy from nothing. This is not possible, even in theory, since it violates the first thermodinamic principle (or the second if we are talking about perpetual motion of the second kind). Is instead possible to imagine (not in real word) a perpetual motion where the energy is conserved; for instance a mass set into motion by an initial force, in a region where no external forces are present (no gravity, no friction, etc) will move forever.

When brakes are applied in running car, all momentum is converted mostly to heat in brake shoe and wheel drum. Generator is put instead which is turned with force and power generated charges the battery. It is to regain some power you spent on accelerating. You can buy this car from market but no one calls it a perpetual motion machine.

It is to regain some power you spent on accelerating. You can buy this car from market but no one calls it a perpetual motion machine.

Yes because no energy is created; energy is just converted in electrical form instead of heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back