Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My experiments with PIC18F4550 <> USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a quick engineering review comment on this schematic...

Standard design practice for PIC designs is to tie Vdd pins together and Vss pins together. I'm not sure why the pins 11 and 12 are left unconnected? Possible oversight... circuit could possible run like this but...

My suggestions is if you are building up this project...tie pins 32 and 11 together and they go to +V. Then tie 31 and 12 together and they go to ground.

Added after 10 minutes:

Sorry, I did not read all the posts...looks like "maroot" schematic has already corrected this unconnected power pins issue.

The circuit not is recognized for windows. After weeks of work, see an schematic and ..., finally the 18F4550 works with the USB!!! Solution: put the condensator of 470nF in pin VUSB.

Reactions: godlow

godlow

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
At Birland7.

When I used Custom Device I had no problems in Xp, then I switched to Vista and I was having hard time to make it to work, at the end I didn't had enough time to continue troubleshooting the problem so I started to use HID and didn't have problems in Vista anymore.

Hopefully this can help you out.

Hi i hawe a problem to programm the 18F2550 with JDm programmer and TAIT classic ( 7407 + PNP ) on the parallel port, I can program a 16F628 with this but not a pic18F2550 can someone hellp me ?
The problem is the same when I use 18F4550

godlow

Has anyone tried to write his own firmware for PIC, or everyone are just using that MPLAB example code?

Great project...

i've a problem i can't programming the pic18f4550 with smart pro x5 and i need USB code. Can anybody help to solve this problem how to config smart pro x5 for pic18f4550. i have 2 weeks to perform this project

how to config PIC18F4550 with smart pro x5 universal programmer

Added after 53 minutes:

hi kuzito. How can i first programm pic18f4550. I made circuit that same your. but there isn't any result on window.

Added after 1 hours 9 minutes:

After the assembling the scheme, I connected it to the USB of the PC without programming the PIC microprocessor.
The result was "USB Device not recognized". Does PIC microprocessor programm before connect to PC?. Can it programm by PC without any microcontroller? Please help me anybody

What's wrong with me.
No PIC Programmer found! Check connection!
No PIC detected!

Help me,please

godlow

Hi, I just want to ask. After getting the PC to detect the PIC, are we able to program the PIC via the same USB port? or Do we still need an external programmer to program the PIC?

godlow

Can u plz tell me about configration bits
I m using Presto Programmer
It only givs me option to check/uncheck required bit

godlow

Re: pic18f4550

This is nice that I was searching

godlow

Hi sir. nice post you have here. actually i have a similar project. i will be using PIC18F4550 interfaced with a receiver to receive files from somewhere then sends it to the computer. could you help me with this one? thanks :)

godlow

kuzito did u interface usb with pic18f4550 using ccs compiler ...i want to send binary data towards pc using usb port

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

kuzito did u interface usb with pic18f4550 using ccs compiler ...i want to send binary data towards pc using usb port

godlow

hey.. I am currently working on an usb interfacing project using pic 18f4550. I installed the file mentioned in your post. my windows 7 showed a message found new hardware but it could not install the driver required for it.

godlow

Hello Every one!

I am trying the simple USB communication b/w PIC18f4550 and PC.

I am using 24pf load capacitors on oscillator. All other components are same as in this article. When ever i insert the USB in the PC, It detects and recognize the PIC18F4550 as HID device and then suddenly this device disappears from the device manager.

Some time it works for longer time, some time it suddenly disappears from device manager. Is this a load capacitor problem or a crystal problem.?

can any body help me out here?

( I am using the MikroC HID example Code for testing)

godlow

Hi! I have the PIC device working but the USB connection is unstable. The virtual COM port appears and dissapears continously form the device manager. Do you connect the outer metal shield of the USB connector also to the ground? Did you have any problem with the ground? Any other idea? It must be hardware because while the COM port is active, the communication between the PIC and the PC works ok. Thanks in advance!

godlow

Re: My experiments with PIC18F4550 &amp;lt;&amp;gt; USB

how to program pic b4 connecting usb as u explained above

- - - Updated - - -

how did you program 18f4550 before connecting usb as you explained above

- - - Updated - - -

if any1 knows plz rply

Status
Not open for further replies.