Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My experiments with PIC18F4550 <> USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
microchip mchpfsusb

After my hardware is recognised by PC now i want to send the data to PC so how do I came to know that data is sent and how can I display it on PC so that i know that this data is sent...i hav done correct interfacing of USb with PIC18F2550. Please guide me through.Let say i want tos end "abc" through PIC to PC then how do i show that PC get "abc"...is there any need of textbox which will show?

usb con pic 18f4550

where can i get the source code???

if i want connect the PIC18F4550 with PIC18F4331, which pins i need to connect to????

how to use pic18f4550+usb

Sir,i have used the above said ckt. and code as supplied by the link in my project but the device was not recognized by the PC.My ckt. and hex file are same as given in the topic...Can some body please tell me whats the problem in my part

good day,

I would like to know what it means if i am not getting 3.3V at the output of the Vusb? The regulator is on by default so there should be a reading of 3.3V, yet i am getting 0.45V about. Why would this be, and also, i setup the usb and then enabled it, but the computer does not pick it up at all. What does one need to program to get the computer to pick it up and recognise it, do i need drivers for this part, and if so, where can i get it. my computer did not want to load the ones spoken about on this page, what else can i do?

Program the PICkit2 firmware into the 18F4550 and see if your PIC is working. You'll need a 20MHz crystal for that firmware to function.

Re: My experiments with PIC18F4550 <> USB----HELP

Hi, i might be off the track in this reply, but i'm really confused right now. I have 2 PICDEM FS USB demo boards, and I download the recommended framework from microchip (v2.5) that contains various sample code. I tried one, and then compiled it using MPLAB IDE, no error, but when i uploaded it, and restart the board, my laptop won't recognize it(It says something like "USB device not recognized" on the pop up notice when i plug it in). I tried with many other sample projects, even Jan Axelson generic HID firmware that is claimed to have been tested on the board, but none worked. Is there anything i'm missing here?I'm a newbie in programming and especially USB, so this has been very overwhelming for me. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

After the assembling the scheme, I connected it to the USB of the PC without programming the PIC microprocessor.
The result was null- Windows does not indicated that something was connected to the USB port.

What's wrong with me.
No PIC Programmer found! Check connection!
No PIC detected!

Help me,please

Re: pic18f4550 scheme

pic master said:
how are u???
can u send me the schematic of jdm programmer used to program the chip 18f4550???????
it is the same programmer of 16f877????????
thanks in advance

There are plenty of JDM programmer floating around, and yeah they are basically the same as 16f877.

After the assembling the scheme, I connected it to the USB of the PC without programming the PIC microprocessor.
The result was null- Windows does not indicated that something was connected to the USB port.

What's wrong with me.
No PIC detected!

Help me,please

maroot said:

What's wrong with me.
No PIC detected!

Help me,please

Have you gone through the whole thread? It appears not!!

Anyways, if you closely the OP it will not be hard to figure out that you need to program the PIC in order to get in detected by Windows.

Hope this helps

when connect PIC18F4550 to the circuit in PCB first time Hardware detect then i found out its driver to config ... Later it cannot to found HW in my PC and in programmer stutus show that ERROR open usb driver

switch D+ and D- in your hardware, i was having the same problem

Just a note....
PIC18F45 J 50 family can use internal osc for USB
NO external crystal osc is needed.
3 less parts.

JOE M

Hi! I also have the same problem.... I saw that capacitor 470nF is connected on pin 18. I used smaller one, is that the problem??

Driver are instaled.... I don't know what to do.....

need help

i want to know whether i can attach a USB flash drive after pic device has been programmed to use as a USB port or does this use the computer interface every time i want to use USB port ?????

regards.

HI

I am new to this , i want to know that i can make the pic controller to be programmed through the PC itself
or do i need any burner for this and which assembly language is use to write its code to interface this MCU with the PC and transfer data between them

Thanx

Hello,

I have programmed the pic with hex file provided by kuzito and I have a problem with windows driver (Microchip Custom USB Device has a exclammation mark - the device cannot start)

Can anyone help me to fix that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.