Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Mutual Inductance Calibre PEX Mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

shlooky

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I've got successfully extracted parasitic inductor from my layout. Calibre PEX also extracted mutual inductance between the inductors. They are both present in extracted netlist.
My problem is, I cannot map the mutual inductance into a cell view (calibreview) because the mapping file (calview.cellmap) doesn't contain its definition.

Can you guys help me? How should it look like? Maybe someone can copy&paste the definition from their calibre mapping file?

Here is my own definition of parasitic inductor, which works ok.
((p ind l)
(analogLib pinductor symbol)
(
(PLUS)
(MINUS)
)
)

The definition of mutual inductance is a mystery to me.... All I know is that the target cell view is present in "analogLib" as "pmind". My guess is that the "k" thing is a string searched for in the extracted netlist, since inductor is "l", capacitor is "c", resistor is "r".

((p ??? k)
(analogLib pmind symbol)
(
???
)
)

Can anyone shed some light please?
Shlooky

The "terminals" of mutual inductance elements, K, are not nodes of the RC network, but bodies of resistors (each resistor is also a self-inductor L).
This is a fundamental problem, and I don't think that regular calview.cellmap approach will be able to handle it.

But you better ask your customer support at Mentor/Siemens about this.

Hi all,

I solved this issue by adding the following into the mapping file

((p ind l)
(analogLib pinductor symbol)
(
(PLUS)
(MINUS)
)
)

((p mutk k)
(analogLib pmind symbol)
(