Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-section wilkinson power divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

guytoub

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody!

i'm new here and i find this forum very nice!
my english is not very perfect cause i'm a french guy!

i want to make a multi-section wilkinson power divider who work between 2 GHz and 18 GHz; i found many article speaking about that but i've got a problem for my study.

1°) if i want to made it with 7 section , how i can determinate the diferent frequencies of each section?

2°) how to calculate the value of each resistor?

if somebody have an complete exemple i will be very happy !

i wish you a merry christmas and happy new year from france :)

guytoub

Unlike the single section wilkenson power divider, that has only one solution, the multisection divider has a multitude of equally valid solutions based on your choice of ripple and bandwidth. There was an IEEE paper written, probably in the 1960's, that listed a table of the more common choices. I briefly looked, but could not find it in the "Power Dividers" folder in my file cabinet. I suggest you look for that paper, or be prepared for a long optimization.

There is an old article (scan version) talking about a 7-section 2-18GHz Wilkinson Power divider. May be useful to you...

thank you wpsch ! i going to get it!

what mean of 7 section, is it 7 willinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back