Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] UWB Transciever Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali_cmi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
Its Ali here. I am a Electrical (Telecom) Engineering student and my Final Year Project (FYP) is Portable GPR in which I am designing UWB transceiver. Currently I am working on the transmitter part.

Here are a few specs of the design:
-Simulation Software: NI Multisim 12.0.1
-Its an Impulse Radar with Bandwidth of 1 GHz centered at 500 MHz (currently)
-I used the logic of NORing a clock with its inverted delayed version, giving an approximate Gaussian Pulse of duration 1 ns. Clock decides Pulse Repetition Frequency (PRF). Its frequency is set to 100 MHz currently. (Idea from the Paper I am following)
-I generated the ref using AD 8009-ARZ, a high speed Op-Amp and generated the inverted version of it using the same op-amp.
-I made the NOR gate by generic transistors (FETs). (Please guide about practical transistors I should use)
-I haven't designed the pulse amplifier yet (current output voltage)

First of all, please comment on the approach I am using i.e., is it okay to generate clock using Op-amps? Is there

any other better way? etc.

The problem(s) are as follows:

-Antenna Design (Vivaldi etc.) on frequency of 0-1 GHz yields an impractical design. I thought of designing an active modulator to ease off the antenna design but have no idea on how to do it. Please help me in this matter.
-Choice of transistors for NOR gate.

What, in your opinion is the best approach to tackle this project?

If anything I wrote above isn't clear, please say so that I can elaborate it/provide visual aid.

P.S: Please don't quote number of results of google by just typing 'frequency multipliers' or anything else like that. I have done my homework on this.

Also, the more you elaborate, the more I can understand as I am quite an amateur in this matter. :)

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.