Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] switch matrix in fpga board

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwiribee

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am doing a project on the implementation of remote laboratory.Can you please help me on how to configure altera max ii ep240 to be a switching matrix using labview or quartus ii and also how do i connect the laboratory equipment onto the switching matrix.The equipment is an RC circuit:roll::cry:

i am doing a project on the implementation of remote laboratory.Can you please help me on how to configure altera max ii ep240 to be a switching matrix using labview or quartus ii and also how do i connect the laboratory equipment onto the switching matrix.The equipment is an RC circuit:roll::cry:

You write VHDL/Verilog code to describe a switch matrix circuit. I've never heard of a labview to RTL compiler, but maybe someone has it now. Quartus is use to synthesize the RTL, map it to the logic cells in the part, and then place and route the design.

Now I have no idea what you mean by "connect the laboratory equipment onto the switching matrix". Have you done any research on how to interface lab equipment to something? Also what do yo mean by "the equipment is an RC circuit", unless the RC circuit outputs a digital waveform you can't connect or switch the RC circuit to the FPGA.

I think you should do some research, come up with some options of how everything should be connected (i.e. system design). The come back with specific (answerable) questions on areas you are stuck on and want advice on how to tackle.

i have written the verilog code for the switch matrix. So for the RC circuit to be connected to the FPGA i would need Analogue to Digital conversion ?(i can use a microcontroller for that ) .Thanx for the enlightment

Status
Not open for further replies.