Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [moved] I want to allow voltages in a particular interval

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhasvan

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my circuit there is a voltage source which is providing -12V, -3V and +6V but I do not know which will be. Without knowing I want to design a circuit with diodes which will allow current for every specific voltage value. i.e if the source is -12V it will go from one rail, if it is -3V it'll go to another and so on. I thought of a system with zener diodes however I could not set it for the intervals. I can make it happen for the values smaller than -6V or larger than +6V but when I have to choose intervals it fails. I mean i could not make one rail to let votages for 0<x<-6. Is this possible, if so, how? Thank you for your time and answers.

There is a way to arrange transistors to trigger one another on/off, depending on the supply voltage. (The diagram illustrates the concept, although you'll have to experiment with it.)

Or a simple method is a bunch of window comparators. This allows you to set a variety of different ranges. The concept requires a single control unit. Perhaps a 3914 IC (10 level).

Thank you for your response. I have to do it without using transistors or other modules. Is it possible to do it with just using OP-AMPS and diodes. I couldn't figure it out. Thank you for your time.

I did it with comparators like you said thank you for the idea. :)

Thank you for your response. I did a similar thing but with this i will probably make my circuit efficient. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back