Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] How to Design circuit to be etched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a hobbyist, I normally build my circuits on veroboard but now I want to attempt Etching, so firstly it seems ill need to know how to design pcb board using software so the simplest software I have seen so far is one called Circuit Wizard. I used it to draw a circuit and I used a function in it to make a pcb but I am not sure if thats all it takes to make a pcb to Etch. I tried experoting it as a gerber file and uploaded it to a webbsite called seeedstudio but it told me somethings are missling like the drill file and solder mask layer, I am not sure how to go about adding those so I would rather to etch the board instead

Hi,

The first two pictures show the same layer, but one with copper pour and the other without copper pour.
We don't see the other layer with its wiring.

Usually one tries most of the wiring on one side, and copper pour on the other side. The copper pour is made to be a GND plane.
But you copper pour seems not to be connected to anything.

For a pcb production you need at least:
* top side copper information (often gerber)
* bottom side copper information (often gerber)
* drilling information (often SiebMeyer)

If you need solder stop mask, then you need this information(s) also

Klaus

Ok I see using this software I am not sure how to accomplish what your saying I thought since I used an automated method of creating the pcb that it would just automatically give me all the basic layers needed. I just need a simple software like the which I can use to do drawings so that I create a proper pcb or image to be etched, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back