Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [moved] How to approximate hardware energy for different circuit technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumichang

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed/synthesized a new hardware component based on 45nm circuit technogolgy and so have measured its power/energy value. I would like to compare it against other competitive ones whose energy value is released only for 90nm tech.
Since I do not have 90nm standard cell library, I would like to approximate the energy value that I collected to the one for 90nm, or the other way around.

Is there a reasonable way for this approximation? or Does anybody know any relevant literature?

Thanks.

Re: How to approximate hardware energy for different circuit technology?

This should be in the ASIC forum. In general, "nm" no longer makes sense -- you need to specify a specific tech. 45nm could be a high-perf or a low-power or a balanced tech.

This should be in the ASIC forum. In general, "nm" no longer makes sense -- you need to specify a specific tech. 45nm could be a high-perf or a low-power or a balanced tech.

Thanks for your reply. I am currently using tcbn45gsbwptc IP from TSMC. Since I am a beginner, I cannot tell if it is high-perf or a low-power or a balanced tech. I hope this info is helpful.

There is no accurate way of converting from one tech to another. For a ballpark you can look at ITRS predictions. FYI, there are free 90nm libraries from synopsys, and free 15nm libraries from nangate. You can synthesize with those and get a relatively good estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back