Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Channel length modulation, Threshold voltage and Kn in TSMC 130nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics20

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am designing an analog level shifter in Cadence by TSMC 0.13um. But as we know, I need the parameters such as Vth, Kn, Channel length modulation index and etc. I would be grateful if you could help me. thanks

Depends on the models (which LEVEL or BSIM model) you have available. You should find these parameters in the model file(s):

Vth as VTH0
Channel length modulation parameter as PCLM
For Kn you need the low field channel carrier mobility U0 and Cox, which you can calculate from the SiO2 oxide thickness parameter TOX (or TOXP or TOXN).

For more info about your problem you can find several threads in this forum. I'd suggest to use the search function.

Thanks. But how do I find the VTH0 and PCLM in cadence technology file? Thanks. It is so imp for me.

... how do I find the VTH0 and PCLM in cadence technology file?

Not in cadence technology file! As I told you above: in the model file(s) from TSMC used for simulation. Pls. read thoroughly!

Actually, cadence operating point analysis reports vth for the bias condition transistor is under. Which could be more reliable as the models get more and more complicated because calculating this is basically what simulator does.

For simple hand calculations Vth0 would suffice as pointed out and rest of your question is also answered I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back