Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Acer Aspire 9500 won't start without battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeO_PL

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. My Acer won't start without battery, I know this have weak hardware but I like to programming on it. When I insert battery and power supply, battery diode blink. I checked voltage on mother board near the power supply and it's 18v and next second 20v, when it's 18v diode is on . Battery is batcl50l, work's for one minute. I'm using "vakoss universal laptop power adapter", I used also my friend's power adapter (similar requirements) and on it diode neither turn on. If laptop has inserted battery and power supply and I turn it on, diode and screen blinks about 5-10 times per second. What to do to start laptop only with power supply?

Sorry for mistakes.

My wrong I mean led. I have 2 leds, for battery status and power on. when I run only on a power supply, second led is on only for a half second.

Does it still charge the battery?

If not then I would suspect the path from the connector into the internal psu.

I've had some problems with adapter, it only works when I shaked him (I checked on voltmeter) so i changed capacitor (400V 150µF - that same parameters) and it works but laptop still doesn't respond. Now even led is turned off. Adapter is "vakoss universal AC adapter model:ST-A-090-001U001AAT" I couldn't find any schematic :sad:

@Mattylad: No battery is not charged

PS. I disambled Acer on the parts and cleaned him then I turned it on only on battery and battery led was off, only power led was turned on.

I hope you can understand me, my english still isn't good enough. :-|

check with a battery which is ok on other laptop and also check your battery with the same model or same battery type laptop. if your battery works fine in other laptop then post here

I want but this battery has so weird shape, does not match on other laptops, probally it will go to trash but first I will go to my friend electronic (learner). Thank you everybody for your help ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back