Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

parth22

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I need a small help. I would like to use an NMOS for precharge operation. My target is to control the inrush current. when I turn on the power supply, a high current is flow to the DC link capacitor around 1500uf. These capacitor are further connected to the inverter circuit So leave that part. Main part is to operate the NMOS in linear region or use it's Rds so it can limit the current upto 1A. Power supply voltage range is 21 to 40V. And the time to charge the capacitor is around 200ms. So i am stucking with to control the gate voltage so that it can limit the current to 1A and not violate the SOA of MOSFET. Although I have some design with PMOS but I would like to use NMOS due to same Rds with lower cost.
Does anyone have any idea about mosfet selection?
Thanks.

Here are videos on how to use LTC Spice :

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.