MOS Bulk Routing Parasitic Resistance Extracted, But Not Used by Spectre Netlister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stepan Sutula

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

During the Spectre netlist generation process, I have found out that the netlister includes the parasitic resistances of the MOS transistor bulk routing in the resulting netlist like:

rg58 (vdda \5\:vdda) resistor r=24.5376 c=0

But, it skips connecting this parasitic resistor to the bulk of the transistor:

M10 (\3\:vout \5\:nclk \2\:vin vdda) p_lv_18_mm w=1.92e-06 l=2.4e-07 ad=2.224e-13 as=2.224e-13 pd=2.0u ps=2.0u m=(1)*(1)

From the line above, you can see that it circumvents the parasitic resistor and connects the bulk directly to the polarization net vdda (NOT \5\:vdda that I have been expecting from my av_extracted view).

Is there any way to fix this problem?

I'm using Virtuoso Design Environment version IC6.1.3.500.13 with Assura 3.2OA lnx86 (Cadence Extraction QRC - Parasitic Extractor - Version 8.1.4-p002).

Thanks,

Stepan.

Finally, inspecting closely the extracted view, I realized that the root of the problem resides not in the Spectre netlister, but in the Assura QRC extraction tool. I tried out 2 different design kits and obtained the the same problem.
Please, follow this updated thread to help me to solve this issue:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/331742/

Thanks,
Stepan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…