Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

monitoring 24 volt battery using pic microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

satisharyal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to monitor 24v li-ion battery using pic microcontroller. How can it be possible because pic can have maximum 5 volt input.. any suggestion please

i am thinking of using ltc3115-1 dc/dc converter and connect with pic16f877a and using pwm to monitor the battery voltage.... this just my conceptis it possible or not

i am thinking of using ltc3115-1 dc/dc converter and connect with pic16f877a and using pwm to monitor the battery voltage.... this just my conceptis it possible or not

Wow, maybe you should put some vacuum tubes and a bicycle pump in there, too.

Why don't you just use two resistors?

Wow, maybe you should put some vacuum tubes and a bicycle pump in there, too.

Why don't you just use two resistors?

but i think there will be excess power dissipation in resistor

If you are will to go to these extremes, why not utilize a device which is intend for this specific purpose, like a Li-ion Battery Management Chip.

There are numerous battery management devices available, many can be readily interfaced with a microcontroller.

BigDog

but i think there will be excess power dissipation in resistor

What makes you say that? You can pick any value resistors you want, assuming your ADC input impedance is high enough. And if the impedance ISN'T high enough, you can use an opamp.

Here's an ideal circuit for you.

Attachments

• circuit_diagram.png
    circuit_diagram.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 69

Status
Not open for further replies.