Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Module to integrate camera picture with text from rs232 port

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblast

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a newbie on creating electronics, but it's so much plans i want to realize.

One of the first thing i want 2 make is a module with 2 bnc conections and a rs232.
The bnc inut is receiving signal from a camera thru a coax cable. The rs232 shall read from the signal between a cash register and a printer. The bnc out is the coax cable who can go to a screen or a recorder.
Also the bnc out should let the video signal go thru and also put in the same text printed out of the printer in the video signal.

Then the picture from camera will have text a text layer in front of it. This is a pos/cashscan solution where there is none requirements from recorder to work like all the other pos systems!

Wondered if there is someone who can help me find out a solution on what i need to make this integration between video and text!

Re: Module to integrate camera picture with text from rs232

You need a video processor.
I have not done it before.
If you do it from scratch, it could be difficult.
I guess, there is already product that allows you
to input text into the video.

You need to search around.

Status
Not open for further replies.