Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model file for capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meghna

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using Virtuoso for making layouts and attach NCSU_TechLib_tsmc04_4M2P as my technology file. For verification, I am using divaDRC.rul, divaEXT.rul and divaLVS.rul which are available in the above technology file.

Can someone suggest me which model file is to be used, when running the extracted view in Spectre. Rightnow I am using /cmosp35/cmosp35.4.3/models/B3V/mm0355v.scs file. In this file, there is no model for capacitor. I have also searched the mosis website, but cudn't get the useful information.
For resistors, I use poly lines (having res_id layer) and for capacitors, I use poly1-poly2 layers.

Thanks and Regards
Meghna

Hi,

I think not every process provides poly-poly capscitors. Is it that your target process do not have the poly-poly capacitor devices?

Do u have the PDK of the process you mentioned? Using the P-cells in the PDK will always be the preferred choice.

Hope this helps.

Ruri

PS: I do have the capacitor models, however, I don't think they are consistent with your process.

The persquare capacitance for PIP is about 1fF/um^2. If the quality factor of C is not important in your design, I suggest you can just extract the capacitance and paracitic capacitance from poly1 to sub.

Yibin.

Hi,
Thanks for replying. Yes, I have PDK availlable but unfortunately Cap Pcell is not available there.

When I extract the capacitor, it shows me the value of capacitance but does not give any model name. So I think I can myself give any model name in that extracted view and then include the corresponding model file.

Regards
Meghna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back