Not open for further replies.

BrunoARG

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I got trouble with my phone about 2 weeks ago while testing a homemade audio amplifier.

I connected my phone stereo jack to a simple op amp inverting amplifier to test my power amplifier. It first worked well but from one day to another it didn't do. I don't know what exactly happened but it doesn't work. I connected it with a rubber case that sometimes causes false contacts, but when I connected it without the case it worked well again

Today I connected it and it didn't even work without the case. I put the headphones in my ears and heard a "step". When I moved the connector I heard some noise but anything, and my phone didn't recognize any headphone connected.

Then I realised that my left headphone was very hot, the output must be DC. I don't think it's a software problem but hardware, it must be burned... Is there anything I can do? Does it have a short circuit protected output? I don't undestand what happened here.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Core (the older version) and its connector does have a microphone input.

PD: The speaker does work well, I don't know if seaker and phone jack share power stages.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…