Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixed Simulation of Design (VHDL and Verilog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirzaaur

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
instance verilog in vhdl

Dear all,

I need to simulate my design with another design which was done already in verilog. module in Verilog will communicate with the Design in VHDL.

I did simulation of my Design in VHDL using a test bench, but for practical reasons I need to used the other design in same test.

HOW TO USE A DESIGN(VERILOG) IN A VHDL DESIGN SIMULATION??

PLEASE ADVISE, ANY TIPS, ANY KIND OF LITRATURE??

thanks in advance,

mirza

verilog & vhdl mixed simulation

Most simulators now support mixed mode simultaion.
You can instantiate a VHDL module inside verilog or vice versa . When compling the design make sure you compile it in the right order. i,e, if VHDL module is an instance in verilog , compile all your vhdl files and then your verilog files. After that just compile as usaul.

Mirzaaur

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
vhdl instance in verilog

Use mixed language simulators, for example synopsys has a tool by name VCS MX in which codes of both verilog and VHDL can be compiled and sumulated together (refer its pdfs for the commands)

vcs vhdl verilog mixed simulation

whichever simulation tool u r using...make sure if it supports mixed HDLs (nowadays most of them do).....n just follow its related documentation.....

particularly for Modelsim, u can follow its "modelsim_user.pdf" file ...it has an entire chapter dedicated to mixed lang simulation....

hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back