Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Minimal ARM Cortex M0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinmay Gharat

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to implement Cortex M0 minimally on pcb,for BLDC motor controll final year project.I have STM32f4 Discovery board,how can i implement a ARM minimally on pcb and program it through my stm32f4,Schematics and little explanation will be sufficient.

i want to implement Cortex M0 minimally on pcb,for BLDC motor controll final year project.I have STM32f4 Discovery board,how can i implement a ARM minimally on pcb and program it through my stm32f4,Schematics and little explanation will be sufficient.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to utilize your STM32F4 Discovery board as a programmer for an ARM Cortex-M0 device.

If this is your goal, it largely depends on the specific manufacture and model of the ARM Cortex-M0 device.

Can you be specific?

BigDog

i want to implement any 48 pin SMT device of ST Microelectronics, as they are readily available near my locations some examples are..........
well any of STM32F0 device may do but implementation of STM32F030cc will be help full, i researched on ST website about how to implement but it was way beyond my comprehension.

The STM32F030CC has an embedded bootloader in ROM, which would allow you to download firmware directly to the device using either the USART or USB interfaces depending on the specific device. As the STM32F030CC does not offer the USB interface, the USART interface can be utilized with the DFU bootloader to program the device. STM provides an API to develop applications to properly implement the DFU communication protocol. However, firmware can be downloaded using either the STM demo bootloader application or an application by a third party using your desktop development system. Therefore, there is no need to convert your STM32F4 Discovery into a programmer, unless of course the final application specification require such a task.

I've provided links to a third party DFU downloader application and attached STM's DFU demo application along with some relevant documentation.

ST Micro-electronics Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU/DfuSe) from C#

You might also consider in purchasing a Segger J-Link EDU which is the same professional J-Link JTAG Programmer/Debugger, only priced and intended for education purposes, at a price of $50 USD, it's hard to beat for convenience and the ability to program and debug virtually any ARM device from any manufacture.

Segger J-Link EDU

BigDog

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, it appears the DFU downloader applications I posted in the previous reply only support the USB interface. Therefore I have attached the following app which appears to support the USART interface. Of course, if you intend on using your desktop system's serial port to program the STM32F0 device, you will need to implement a full RS-232 interface with an appropriate RS-232 transceiver on the STM32F0 side.

BigDog

Attachments

• CD00264342.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • CD00167594.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
  • stsw-stm32080.zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 53
  • CD00264379.pdf
    394.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DFU_Example.zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 47
  • FlyMCU.zip
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 50
wow you brought me on track, now i'll start implementation and will design a basic board, if i get stuck ill contact you.
THANKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.