Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

micrwave circulator ,isolator

Status
Not open for further replies.
hughrpg said:
There is nothing especially magic about circulator design.. you just have to understand what it going on.

I have desiged many waveguide isolators, mostly Faraday rotation type but also Y junction, with low loss in the 100GHz region.
Yes, machining ferrite is nasty (but not impossible.. it grinds easily and you do not necessarily need diamond tools)
No, you do not need to tune the magnetic field. If the design is done correctly, and optimised for the chosen ferrite magnetic saturation, you simply need enough field to saturate the ferrite, and it is then also not sensitive to external fields.

A well equipped micro machine shop is all you need, and a good designer :D

100Ghz? what kind of ferrite you are using? how much saturation magnetization?

I am very curious...

Hi

Anyone one can share a ferrite resonance isolator example. I am trying to simulate a basic ferrite isolator using a coplanar waveguide, but couldn't acheive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back