Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microwave studio and multiple processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

cross

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I'm not mistaken cst studio can utilize more than one processors. Anybody knows if it can use processors of different machines or is it a case where it can use two processors on a single motherboard?

Rgds

Cross

It can only use two processors on a single motherboard.

processors

are you sure about this Vanderspunk because I'm not !? MW$ can handle apparently up to 32 processors on a single sysem - problem is finding a board with more than the usual 2 processors and at a reasonable price! If Parallelisation is possible for 2 processors then it's scaleable for any number depending on what the system allows......

No aw, I'm not fully sure. I've only tested mwStudio on a dual processor system.
But according to hxxp://www.cst.de/products/mws/technical/technical.htm :
Multi-processor support (parallel version for two processors on one main board, only for transient and eigenmode solver)

But next version (later this year?) is supposed to have support for multiple computers (over network), from what I've heard. Can someone confirm this? Don't know how they are going to charge their customers for this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back