Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulate FSS without periodic boundaries CST studio

gabrielw6

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

I am trying to simulate a frequency selective structure (FSS) panel in CST microwave studio. I need to evaluate the transmission and reflection of the structure, however I do not to insert transmission and reception antennas in the simulation, if possible. I am aware of the Floquet port excitation with unit cell boundary conditions; that would be exactly the configuration I needed, since I want to evaluate transmission and reflection for different angles. The matter is that I do not possess the license for the frequency solver, only the integral equation and time domain solvers. I tried to use the Floquet and unit cell setups with the integral and time domain solvers, however CST does not allow simulation in any of those. Is there any workaround to use these configurations using these solvers? Or any suggestion to measure transmission and reception of the panel along different incidence angles?

Thanks.
GW

Hey,

I am not a CST expert as I typically use HFSS. If you are interested in studying the infinite case then I do not have the right idea. However, I believe that you can simulate the behavior of a large but finite structure. Instead of just reflection and transmission coefficients, you would obtain a complete radiation pattern. Note that you should excite the structure with a plane wave or a high gain antenna.

Great idea. I executed previously the simulation with plane wave sources but it didn't come to my mind evaluate the reflected power by the radiation diagram. Will report back results.

Thanks, MuroSamuro.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back