Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstrip patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartikkhurana

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
what should i read before dersigning a microstrip patch antenna
and what are latest development in rectangular patch antenna with circular polarisation
why we require circular polarisation
kartik

hi all
what should i read before dersigning a microstrip patch antenna
Some books on the topic. There are plenty about. That would be my first choice. Look on Amazon and look at the reviews of some books, then buy one or two.

I might suggest you read some papers on the topic. These tend to be more cutting-edge research, and so not so practical, but "review papers" can be especially helpful.

and what are latest development in rectangular patch antenna with circular polarisation
For that you would be best to look at the IEEE antennas and proogation journals - that's where it will be published.
why we require circular polarisation
kartik
The main advantage of circular polarisation I know of is that linear polarisation suffers a high loss (theoretically infinity, in practice about 20 dB) if the signal arrives at a receiver 90 degrees away cross polarised from the receiving antenna, and is substantial for any polarisation mis-match greater than 45 degrees. Since all sorts of things can cause changes in polarisation, the polarisation mis-match between linear polarised antennas can cause a significant loss. Circular polarisation has an advantage as there is never more than a 3 dB loss with respect to a linear polarisaed antenna, irrespective of the plane of polarisation the linear signal arrives at.

I'm not sure what happens if you transmit RHCP and the receiving antenna is LHCP. There might be a high loss in that case. But I'm sure if you do some reserach you can find the answer to that one.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back