Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip patch antenna arrays

Status
Not open for further replies.

collie5

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microstrip array design

Hi!

Can you please help me with some tutorial for this subject, I'm doing it in HFSS!
I've desinged patch antenna (one) now I have to make 2x2 array with it. But I don't know were or how to start!

Does anyone have some advice? I would appreciate anything!

Thanx!

I have on my CD tutorial of HFSS but I couldn't find there anything I need. :(

hi
For Microstrip antenna array design you should apply these steps:
1- design and simulte one patch
2- deisgn & simulate power divider or splitter
3 - select the feed network type (generally corporate feed is selected)
4 - simulated patches with power dividers

Well...I did the first step :D. I made my antenna (one) and for begining I need to "duplicate" it and conect them with feed line on way to have 100ohms when I look into it. After that I need to duplicate that (I need 2x2 array) and conect it to have 50ohms on the end. Each of antenna has 200ohm imp.

So do I have some option in HFSS to "duplicate" antenna that is already made or I need to draw again but two antennas one next to other?

I found an option array setup in HFSS but I don't know how does it work couse I couldn't achieve anything by using it.

Please help :cry:

to duplicate an antenna in HFSS,simply copy and paste it .

There is a way to simulate arrays by using master/slave boundary conditions, but I never used it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back