Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstrip filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

pritihiviraj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to find out the electrical length for any feed line for the better impedence matching?

Hi pritihiviraj,

Obtain its scattering parameters. The phase of S21 is Beta*d, where Beta is the phase constant (equal to 2*pi/wavelength) and d is the physical length.

how to get design a design equations for the open loop ring resonator? i'm really getting more trouble in this...

One solution is to run the feed line separately with a 50 ohm lumped port or wave port at each end of the line. Use parametric analysis by changing the length of the line, from the resultant S11/S21 you can estimate the good length of the feed line which gives S11 < -20 dB and S21 > -0.5 dB in the interested bandwidth .....

I believe that the length of the line shouldn't affect the values of S11/S21 that much ..... plz let us know your findings if you will follow this method

I just do not understand why the phase of S21 is Beta*d

The phase of s21 is equal to the phase at port 2 relative to the phase at port 1. Since Beta is the rate at which phase changes with distance (measured in rad/m), Beta times the length travelled in meters will give the the total phase incurred.

The phase of s21 is equal to the phase at port 2 relative to the phase at port 1. Since Beta is the rate at which phase changes with distance (measured in rad/m), Beta times the length travelled in meters will give the the total phase incurred.

PlanarMetamaterials

Thanks a lot

can we optimize the whole layout by bringing it into schematic and setting goals for the S11 and S21 in ADS

why i"m getting this below error when i'm optimizing my design in ADS2011
***** Abnormal Simulator Termination *****
The simulator has unexpectedly terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back