Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip Coupled line impedance matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

khungbopro

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, could you help me this problem :-?

I design a microstrip bandpass filter using coupled line model.
Some parameters of my circuit:

• Zin, Zout = 50 Ω
  • f_center = 6.142 GHz
  • Order N = 5
  • In the input resonator, \[{Z}_{0e }\] = 82.664 Ω, \[{Z}_{0o }\]=37.623 Ω \[\Rightarrow\] \[Z = sqrt{{Z}_{0e }*{Z}_{0o } \] = 55.768 Ω

How to impedance matching Z and Zin?
Thanks alots :-D

This is my design in ADS, (some parameters in schematic was changed after tuning)
ads.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

up.........

Last edited:

Your calculations is not exactly correct.Odd and Even mode impedances are valid only and only if there are 2 coupled lines.But if there are more than 2 coupled lines like in your filter structure , it's hard to say that formulae will still be valid in any case.You forget other interactions between-for instance- first element and kth element.
If you do a EM simulation, you will see that your calculation is not exact but maybe approximate.

Why are you using MCLINs to construct this filter? The unconnected pins on the 4 pin device mean that these connections are not being calculated correctly, they assume something should be connected there. Using the 2 pin MCFIL element, just above it in the Microstrip palette, would be much better and yield more accurate results for a given topology.

mcfil.jpg

Your calculations is not exactly correct.Odd and Even mode impedances are valid only and only if there are 2 coupled lines.But if there are more than 2 coupled lines like in your filter structure , it's hard to say that formulae will still be valid in any case.You forget other interactions between-for instance- first element and kth element.
If you do a EM simulation, you will see that your calculation is not exact but maybe approximate.

I have calculated in #1. Could you guide me more!?

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you using MCLINs to construct this filter? The unconnected pins on the 4 pin device mean that these connections are not being calculated correctly, they assume something should be connected there. Using the 2 pin MCFIL element, just above it in the Microstrip palette, would be much better and yield more accurate results for a given topology.

View attachment 100420

I used LineCalc tool and it selected MCLIN automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back