Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontrollers and C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

7@rB

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have took a microcontroller course early and all what we programmed is with assembly language, we were working with a dspic32f, I saw many posts here talking about microcontrollers project that are programed using C\C++ languages.
my question is: All microcontrollers can be programmed also with C++ ? or just they uses C++ language in order to solve their problems easily?

Regards

All smaller microcontrollers are programmed in C, not full C++, because the C++ runtime library is (relatively) large, and smaller microcontrollers don't have enough resources for that.
C code generates just a small amount of assembler instructions, so it is quite close to how the microcontroller functions.
Larger microcontrollers can be programmed in any language if the compiler exists, because larger microcontrollers have the resources (ram, CPU speed, etc).

hello sky_123 ,
u mean that it depends on the compiler?
also, according to what we can classify the microcontroller as a large or small one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back