Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller Industrial type Programmable Logic Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

onos_tech

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have always wanted to program microcontrollers with industrial type ladder logic because I felt more at home with the graphical logic programming. Then I encountered this lightweight software for that purpose which has been updated over the years.

If you are interested in knowing more you can start with this introduction.

Then, the ongoing series.

And finally, Building the Arduino PLC

Last edited:

There are quite a few graphical languages these days, Ardublock, Snap4Arduino, Node-Red,
Flowcode, mBlock.......check them out. Some with advanced features that make interfacing
into Windows with embedded almost trivial, like this talking voltmeter -

Here is a solution to do complex timer applications -

Regards, Dana.

There are quite a few graphical languages these days, Ardublock, Snap4Arduino, Node-Red,
Flowcode, mBlock.......check them out. Some with advanced features that make interfacing
into Windows with embedded almost trivial, like this talking voltmeter -

Here is a solution to do complex timer applications -

Regards, Dana.

Yeah sure. These are very good and have many advantages features. However, LDmicro (https://cq.cx/ladder.pl) is suitable for Automation personnel who are familiar with ladder logic but with little or no knowledge of coding, and who may want to implement small automation projects with microcontrollers. It is also a good starting point for those already familiar with microcontrollers coding and who intending to go into PLC programming.

I feel very comfortable programming microcontrollers with PLC ladder logic as Automation Engineer.

Best Regards
Onos

Status
Not open for further replies.