Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller And Mobile Interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundila

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Salam!
I am new to Mobile development and to micro controllers.
What i want to do is that through micro controller i want to run API for mobile or extract information from running API in cell? and then send SMS to server.
Is it possible??
Am using Samsung Omnia pro b7330.

Kindly help!!!

there are lot of threads which are related to GSM interfacing the controller.....

you did not tell which controller you are using. and what interface the mobile is giving, if it is Fbus or serial bus output????

Hello Ckshivaram,

As far as I understood from the post that "Sundila" wants to control the phone from the application layer not through the phone's MODEM. He wants to make the controller executes an application that is already installed on the phone. If what I understood is correct then, he needs to gain access to the phone's OS.
For myself, I'm not sure if this applicable or not.

Please correct if I'm wrong.

Hi seadolphine,

what i understood is he wants an API at controller which i assume is some program which is user written and wanted to access ot invoke the API's of mobile phone for seeing its functionality... i did not understand he expected OS functionality herer. maybe you are correct or let me wait till the poster clarifies the doubts in detail... Accessing OS functionality is not allowed to some extent as the phone functionality was hidden by us when we developed in samsung....

For accessing it we needed lauterbatch tools, synopsis innovator, REXX api's with TAPI( Telephony API)..

If my understanding is worng then i would correct it in my next post with relevant information

Status
Not open for further replies.