Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microblaze, instruction memory and instruction code in one big file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vakost

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I am using Xilinx EDK 12.1.

I have a question regarding microblaze but first, let me explain how I understand things to be, so you can correct me if I am wrong.

1. First I create my design with XPS. After I finish with all the hardware configuration and writing in VHDL, I create the hardware with the ISE.

2. Then, I write C code in SDK and compile.

3. In the "Program FPGA" window, there are 3 file inputs. First, the bitstream, then the BMM file and then the ELF file to initialize in the Block RAM.

So, what is happening? The bitstream is the binary file of the whole microblaze, the BMM is the Block Ram Memory Map and the ELF file is the instruction code yes?

Can you verify that this is correct?

Now, what I want is to create one big file that will contain all the information from these files together.

Is it doable? I want that because I want to download the whole thing in a labview project (using the CLIP node) and I cannot do it through JTAG (it is a PXI design with a Virtex V and only labview can have access there through the PXI bus).

Thank you very much for any info.

Bill.

Noone uses microblaze here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back