Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Micro controller hangout and watch dog timer resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinuwilson

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai....

i am controlling high voltage loads through relay from my controller, some times in high voltage switching micro controller(ATMEGA32) get hangout..i enabled my watch dog timer to solve this.i tested the watch dog timer using while(1) loop in program, and its working..but in high voltage switching still controller get hangout, watch dog is not resetting.why this is happening..

Please help me to sole this

Check power supply of microcontroller

may be reverse voltage coming to controller .
Put a Diode in input to make unidirectional current flow and opto coupler is must when you go on with high voltage.

thank's ..
if controller get hangout because of external interference or some spikes. watch dog timer will run or that also get hangout

Creating voltage spikes in MCu core is injurious. ANd nothing can be said of its consequences. Watchdog timer will help only when you are stuck in endless look. It cannot help when u corrupt its core by undervoltage or voltage spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.