Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

metallic inclusion using ansoft designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj83

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I`m using ansoft designer and i want to make a metallic inclusion inside a dielectric layer. It`s possibile ?

Yes, it's possible. Draw a dielectric, then draw a metalic, then substract metalic from the dielectric.

Could you explain me better ??

I would do in the following way:

Suppose the height of the dielectric substrate is 50 mil and you want metallic inclusions say at a height of 25 mil from the ground plane.
Create the Stackup as follows:

Signal layer 2
dielectric (25 mil)
Signal layer 1
dilectric layer (25 mil)
ground

Draw your metallic inclusions on signal layer 1.

Hope this helped.

-sv

Hi sv1437 !

When i make your stackup i think there is a problem. When i desing the Signal layer 1 and make a structure on this trace layer , let's say for example one square, what is the surrounding of this square ? I need one inclusion in a dielectric layer !

Only the square metallic inclusion will be present in the signal layer 1. First try that stackup in Ansoft Designer, I used this kind of stackup for designing two layered structures in Ansoft designer and I am pretty sure that it will work.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

-sv

I tried but i think it work not properly because the losses of my substrate are too high. I would like to subtract the layers like tony suggest, but actually i really don't know how to do it !

I don't think you can do that (subtracting layers) in Ansoft Designer. Anyways, which substrate are you using ? What is the loss tangent ?

I'm using silicon without löss, just to' understand what is happening. When i insert the metallic inclusions,the s parametrs become crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back