Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Memory Macro Pins not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

chetanbs

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using blast fusion and am facing this problem. there is a memory macro for which i have read the best case and worst case lib files and also the lef file during library preparation. But after floorplan and power ring creation around the macros, the pins of this particular macro are not routed to the power ring/mesh after i run run route power2 pin command.. however pins of all other macros are getting connected. tried connecting the pins using route pin button on the mantle gui but did not work... can anyone suggest what could be wrong with this particular macro?

thanks in advance
chetan

One possible issue is with the pin attribute.

The power pins may be defined as signal instead of other. Please try the following command

rule port use command to set the proper attribute and try it. After proper definitions, run route power2 pin should be able to connect the macro power and ground pins to the mesh.

Hope this helps.

check whether the pins are on the routing grid

Agree with sekapr.

It is possible that you have blockages over the pins ( as you have used LEF for the macros).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back