Status
Not open for further replies.

staple123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There are several copper fill options in my layout design package, could anyone give a plain English description of them? I put in my 2cents in the ones I used. Thanks in advance.

*************************** Copper fill options **********************

Normal Copper: used to fill copper in a marked region entirely.

Hatched Copper

Poured Copper: used to fill copper in a marked region while cleared of the components and signal tracks?????

Poured Copper void: used to clear the poured copper temporarily, can switch to Poured Copper option again later.

Plane

Plane Void

Place Void

Route Void used to fill copper in a marked region while cleared of Route tracks?????

Via Void [Fill Styles under this item] : this seems useful when running power tracks between top and bottom layers to place via in overlapping area.
.Horizontal
.Vertical
.F-Diagonal
.B-Diagonal
.Cross
.Diagonal-Cross
.Solid
.Empty

Component Height: fill copper to component height???

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

This is an old design package, I can't find manual for it. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Here you go....

Normal Copper: used to fill copper in a marked region entirely.
Hatched Copper : Fills the copper with hatch pattern. Used mainly in copper pouring of outer layers. Not to be used in internal layers.
Poured Copper: Similar to plain copper filling (NORMAL COPPER)
Plane : Create a sold plane. There will be option of creating negative art work in this type of copper filling
Plane Void : Places on the PCB where a plane should not be created
Place Void : Places on the PCB where placing a component is not allowed.
Route Void : Places on the PCb where layiong a track is not allowed.
Via Void [Fill Styles under this item] : Places on the PCB where adding a via is not allowed.
Component Height: Areas on the PCB where components beyond a certain height will not be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…