Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Meaning of Copper fill options in layout software

Status
Not open for further replies.

staple123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There are several copper fill options in my layout design package, could anyone give a plain English description of them? I put in my 2cents in the ones I used. Thanks in advance.

*************************** Copper fill options **********************

Normal Copper: used to fill copper in a marked region entirely.

Hatched Copper

Poured Copper: used to fill copper in a marked region while cleared of the components and signal tracks?????

Poured Copper void: used to clear the poured copper temporarily, can switch to Poured Copper option again later.

Plane

Plane Void

Place Void

Route Void used to fill copper in a marked region while cleared of Route tracks?????

Via Void [Fill Styles under this item] : this seems useful when running power tracks between top and bottom layers to place via in overlapping area.
.Horizontal
.Vertical
.F-Diagonal
.B-Diagonal
.Cross
.Diagonal-Cross
.Solid
.Empty

Component Height: fill copper to component height???

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

This is an old design package, I can't find manual for it. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Here you go.... :)

Normal Copper: used to fill copper in a marked region entirely.
Hatched Copper : Fills the copper with hatch pattern. Used mainly in copper pouring of outer layers. Not to be used in internal layers.
Poured Copper: Similar to plain copper filling (NORMAL COPPER)
Plane : Create a sold plane. There will be option of creating negative art work in this type of copper filling
Plane Void : Places on the PCB where a plane should not be created
Place Void : Places on the PCB where placing a component is not allowed.
Route Void : Places on the PCb where layiong a track is not allowed.
Via Void [Fill Styles under this item] : Places on the PCB where adding a via is not allowed.
Component Height: Areas on the PCB where components beyond a certain height will not be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back