Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Max frequency of clock with a deskewing flip flop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge Jesse Cantu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question in my text book that I do not quite understand. I was wondering if someone could please explain what the question means? Such as, what is a deskewed flip flop. How would one find the max frequency of the clock from the diagram?

Below is the question (8.83) with the corresponding diagram at the bottom:

digdesignprob.jpg

Fmax = 1 / (tsetup + tpd)
Fmax = 1 / (4.5 + 10.5)ns
Fmax = 66.666Mhz

clock skew (TSkew) is the difference in the arrival time between two sequentially-adjacent registers.

In you case, it is specified as same time clock arrive at both FF.

Last edited:

Fmax = 50Mhz

clock skew (TSkew) is the difference in the arrival time between two sequentially-adjacent registers.

Yes, but the problem states a deskewing flip flop. Doesn't that mean that the data received is phase matched to the received clock? Or is it as simple as you state?

Fmax = 66.666Mhz

Thank you!! I didn't realize it was that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back